G5 Tekan or Rocky Snypers?

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

G5 Tekan or Rocky Snypers?

Postby Newarcher on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 am

Just curious...I have been seeing some shows with the Tekan and seems to have some good results.

What do you guys think?

I shoot a Hoyt Trykon at 28" draw and shoot Goldtip XT's.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Re: G5 Tekan or Rocky Snypers?

Postby bear402 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am

I've shot deer with both and believe me the Snyper cuts a much larger entrance and exit hole than the Tekan.

I liver shot a deer with the Tekan and the wound channel wasn't much differnt than a standard 1/1/8 " fixed blade broadhead. It obviously wasn't the best shot location , but I believe the Snyper would have put him down much quicker.

If you were looking at strickly penetration issues , the Tekan might have a slight edge as it does not open as wide on impact.
Last edited by bear402 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bear402

Postby Newarcher on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks Bear, I will stick with the Snypers. I haven't shot a deer with a bow in two years and I am jonesin....just gotta get the last part of my Enrolled Agent exam out of the way on Sept 24th and I am (hopefully free).

I have plenty of Snypers and replacement blades so I will just stick with what works for me. I only had one mediocre result and that was a high angle (good shot) and fat plugged the hole.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:50 am

Geez, all you shoot are button bucks that weigh about 45 lbs..just use a field point!!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: ;) :lol:
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby Newarcher on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 am

WI-DOE-MAKER wrote:Geez, all you shoot are button bucks that weigh about 45 lbs..just use a field point!!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: ;) :lol:

I'll give you a field point old man!

In fact, me and my Hoyt and my Snypers could have saved you a bundle on all that surgerization you just had.....

New
Newarcher

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 am

Newarcher wrote:
WI-DOE-MAKER wrote:Geez, all you shoot are button bucks that weigh about 45 lbs..just use a field point!!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: ;) :lol:

In fact, me and my Hoyt and my Snypers could have saved you a bundle on all that surgerization you just had.....

New

Yeah Right!! You'd most likely just gut shoot me!!! I can hear the Dr.'s now..."gee Mr New...he might have lived if you didn't field dress him!!" ;)
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby Newarcher on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 am

WI-DOE-MAKER wrote:
Newarcher wrote:

New

Yeah Right!! You'd most likely just gut shoot me!!! I can hear the Dr.'s now..."gee Mr New...he might have lived if you didn't field dress him!!" ;)

Yeah but....

I would have first served you your own testicles since you are such a fan! :D Don't worry, they will be cooked with some spaghettios! :D

New
Newarcher

Postby madrat on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Wi-doe I think his objective is to field dress them and kill them at the same time. I Snyper should work perfect for that. A Rage would cut them in half.
It can all change in a matter of seconds!!!

Mathews Drenalin
Extreme RT 900 sight
Easton Axis arrows w/ Blazers
2 blade Rage
madrat

Postby Jason on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:35 pm

I like the Tekans.......although I have to admit I've never tried the Snypers.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby brianerixon on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Never tried eithier tekan looks better.
Brian E.

PSE Stinger
Vapour Trail String
Whisker Biscuit
Cobra Sight
Beman ICS Hunter w Blazers
Truball Release
brianerixon