Blown opportinity

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Blown opportinity

Postby brianerixon on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 pm

I was hunting over an Alfalfa field. There was 3 bucks and a doe in the field, a spike, a 120 inch 8 point with a split brow tine, and a 135 inch 10 point, they were going to cross the fence about 60 yards, I sneaked out of the stand and got about 25 yards from the fence crossing, the spike went first on walked by at 25 yards not noticing me, the 8 point came next and just crossed the fence, and was walking away and the big ten was about to jump the fence, and then a vihicle, I'm actually on a prarie trail, theres alfalfa on both sides and bush to the south, it was my father going to check cows, I hadn't told him that I was going hunting there tonight. I guess Evertime you are unseccesful you learn something.
Brian E.

PSE Stinger
Vapour Trail String
Whisker Biscuit
Cobra Sight
Beman ICS Hunter w Blazers
Truball Release
brianerixon

Re: Blown opportinity

Postby Jerod B. on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:34 am

at least you know they are there......I see a squirrel I am pumped :D
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Postby Newarcher on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 am

Hopefully more like delayed gratification.....

They didn't spook because of you and are surely used to your dad's truck so they will be back. Take note of their major crossing trails (if other than where they crossed last night) and hunt the wind appropriately. They'll be back.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Agreed, they will be back and I'll bet my last $$ that you get a crack at that 10..remember, pick a spot, focus on your pin and squeeze the trigger!! Look at the rack AFTER He's on the ground!!!! Sounds like you have a GREAT place there, cherish it!!! ;)
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby Keef on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:46 pm

I had a similar thing happen with me and my son. I spotted a nice muley buck off the road. Got out and crawled toward him. I'm about 75 yards away and my son drives up to check on me to make sure I'm ok. Off went the buck. I pouted and was mad for a while but got over it. It was unintentional and he felt bad about it.

I'm sure another chance will come and you'll connect the next time. Good luck.
Keef

Postby brianerixon on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm glad this wasn't a 150. He was just a nice buck 18 inches wide, 21 inch beams, and and probably 8 inch G2's and 3's and 4 or 5 ich G4's. If he was 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 he would turn into a great buck. Just a nice 10 pointer.
Brian E.

PSE Stinger
Vapour Trail String
Whisker Biscuit
Cobra Sight
Beman ICS Hunter w Blazers
Truball Release
brianerixon

Postby Jason on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:20 pm

A good confidence builder though. You did everything right and got yourself into the perfect position.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Next

Return to Bowhunting