Archery Brown Bear Hunt! WITH PICTURE

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Archery Brown Bear Hunt! WITH PICTURE

Postby Hoytman on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:16 am

Hey guys! Thought I would share in some of the exciting news. Beginning this weekend I'll be living vicariously through my best friend/hunting partner as he embarks on his #1 lifetime bucketlist adventure. After 3 YEARS of homework and preparation he departs for a 3 week journey to Alaska in search of Coastal Browns with his bow. He will be hunting with guide Brent Jones of AAA Alaskan Outfitters and he's dedicating the entire season out in the wilderness. He was notified a few weeks back that he will be hunting the exact camp where Chuck Adams and Archie Nesbitt both shot their world record browns near Wide Bay at the Dog Salmon River. Whether sucessful or not he'll be posting a blog/pics/video once he gets back end of October. Im sure he'll have exciting stories considering Brent Jones told him he'd be seeing upwards of 20 bear a day possibly within eyeshot of where his tent camp is!

Just to give you some insight, my friend Joby is just your average hard working guy with a passion for bow hunting. He makes an average salary just chooses to live life modestly to put money towards what he loves. He's been saving for this hunt for as long as I've known him (13+years). So Im writing this figuring you guys would appreciate his upcoming adventure. I'll be sure to post his blog once he gets back. So the next few weeks I'll be living through him hoping he slams a monster! :D
Last edited by Hoytman on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 Hoyt CyberTec
2010 Mathews Z7
Hoytman

Re: Archery Brown Bear Hunt!

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 am

Great story, I wish him luck and success!!!!
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby InDaWoods on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 am

Good luck to your buddy!!! I hope when he gets back and shares the pics, you'll share them with us all here too!
InDaWoods

Postby Jason on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am

Good luck to him. I figure you have to have a certain amount of crazy in you to go after Coastal Browns with a bow. (right Keef ? :D ) Sure is cool to hear about the stories though.

I have a enough to deal with the adrenalin and shakes of shooting an animal that's not going to kill me. I don't think I want to try and handle the extra pucker factor of being 20 yards from an animal that after being shot, the first thing he does is look for someone to hurt!

Good for him for being dedicated and realizing his dream.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby Keef on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am

Hoytman, I wish your friend good luck. It's a great experience and I'm sure he'll have fun. Be sure to keep us posted.
Keef

Postby Coodster on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am

You living through him HOPE he doesn't live through a brownie :lol:
Wow I have to say it sounds like a great hunt but man don't think I have the junk to do it.

Look forward to the story and picks. WOW 13 years, now thats dedication. I hope he gets a big one
Coodster

Postby Hoytman on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Just in....My friend is in Anchorage right now awaiting his flight back to Michigan. He shot a 9'2" Brownie on opening day of his hunt. Pics and story to come when he gets back!

Oh wait there is bad news, they lost his hide and he isnt leaving Alaska until they find it. :evil:
2002 Hoyt CyberTec
2010 Mathews Z7
Hoytman

Postby WMBFAMDFA on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 pm

AWESOME! can't wait for pictures. that has to be the rush and hunt of a life time. someday! I hope. Congrates to your friend, he sounds like he knows what in life is important. Hope the rug shows up......... WMBFAMDFA
I became a hunter the day I put down the gun and picked up the bow.
WMBFAMDFA

Postby Newarcher on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:09 pm

I hope fortune smiles on him and he gets one....dedication, planning, and patience like that is almost unheard of these days.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby WMBFAMDFA on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

New, pay attention he ALREADY " got one" he needs to find his bear hide.
I became a hunter the day I put down the gun and picked up the bow.
WMBFAMDFA

Next

Return to Bowhunting