Western extreme

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Western extreme

Postby Coodster on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Ok was watching the show eating a borito and the guy says I just got this new bow and plan on tuning it at the outfitter and giving it a full day to tune "I have done it many times" (tuning the bow)
he goes on the hunt and gets a 40 yard shot and shoots low.. he takes it back and shoots it and yep 6-8" low and he figures its beacuse he didn't wax the loop??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HUH................ did anyone else catch that show did I hear wrong? tune a new bow the day before the hunt, miss and its beacuse you didn't wax the loop, could have sworn he said peep but that don't make any sense eather..

Maybe it was the borito and the green hot sauce..

i have got to hit the bed, but got alotta catching up to do, lots of members doing a great job on killing. New congrats on your buck, seamus way to go, and great yote for your son, thats awsome. there is more but I just don't have to much time.

I was totally blown away from this show.. and not in a good way
Coodster

Re: Western extreme

Postby Jerod B. on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:34 pm

happens to me all the time....

but usually I won't notice a difference till about 120 yards :D
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Postby seamus on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:22 am

If you're an experienced archer, who knows how to tune a bow, I would say not a problem. I've gotten a new bow and had it tuned up, shooting good and sighted in within an hour. But it sounds like the guy didn't do his job right. Not something you should promote on a TV show. Too many people think they can pick up a new bow the day before the season and head out.
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct"-Aldo Leopold
seamus

Postby Keef on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:06 am

That show is a joke. The host is so in love with himself it's painful to watch. Don't know why it's still on tv. Many of his hunts are high fence.
Keef

Postby btomlin on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:22 am

Just because you are on TV doesn't mean you aren't a tool. I watched this show once...that was one too many.
btomlin

Return to Bowhunting