Just looked at the new Hoyt bows....

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Just looked at the new Hoyt bows....

Postby Jerod B. on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Shop tech was shooting them....that carbon dude is super, super quiet

the 31 holds very well.......

I like the barn burner with the spirals....Hoyt has always made very shootable short brace height bows....plus I Iove spirals...I have them on my target bow....
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Re: Just looked at the new Hoyt bows....

Postby critrgitr on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:23 pm

I was looking at them last night,and The wife said NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(
critrgitr

Postby Landon on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Spirals ,whats that ?? I never could get used to the look of the risers on the Hoyts . That part behind the handle . Im sure there great bows though.
NewArcher for President 2012
Landon

Postby Jerod B. on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:40 pm

Landon wrote:Spirals ,whats that ?? I never could get used to the look of the risers on the Hoyts . That part behind the handle . Im sure there great bows though.

spiral cams......love them babies

Hoyt bows are one of the most durable and actually highest quality bows made....to the average person you don't see much difference in normal circumstances...but when you work on your own stuff, you can tell.....they got it going on...
Jerod B.

Postby Keef on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:33 am

JB, How is the draw cycle? Is it smooth all the way? You know BowTech is hard to pull in the first few inches. I need a smooth draw for my shoulder.
Keef

Postby Jerod B. on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Keef wrote:JB, How is the draw cycle? Is it smooth all the way? You know BowTech is hard to pull in the first few inches. I need a smooth draw for my shoulder.

You really need to check out what is more comfortable for you.....the bows are smooth but with the speeds these bows are pushing, I don't see them being any better than the bowtechs for your shoulder...

Norb Mullaney, or whatever his name is that does the techincal evaluations for one of the bowhunting magazines, showed how the new single cam Quest bow from G5 really smooths out the draw cycle when you got the shorter modules(28" and 26")
Jerod B.

Return to Bowhunting