Black bear w/ bow advice

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Re: Black bear w/ bow advice

Postby Jason on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Can't say I've ever done it, can't say I ever will. Although I do know enough about it to know it's nothing like shooting fish in a barrel. Although that might be pretty hard too....dealing with the refraction and all.

Just pointing out that you slamming a legal hunting method on the internet does more harm than good for all hunting period.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby ChuckingFluff on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:43 pm

I always start on the wrong foot, the other ones usally in my mouth.

If you can't kill 'em without baiting...then let 'em walk!!!
ChuckingFluff

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

ChuckingFluff wrote:I always start on the wrong foot, the other ones usally in my mouth.

A little sugar on that foot will go a long way!!
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby ChuckingFluff on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 pm

It sure would and thanks for the new signiture. Everyone has a right to there own opinion.

WI-DOE-MAKER wrote:
ChuckingFluff wrote:I always start on the wrong foot, the other ones usally in my mouth.

A little sugar on that foot will go a long way!!
ChuckingFluff

Postby WMBFAMDFA on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:05 am

For those who have never shot bear over bait, your missing a very exciting time. I was somewhat leary of shooting bear over bait myself, but having multiple bears inside 25 yards, being false charged with sow and cubs near by and having a bear start up the tree your in makes for a very awesome hunt. I'd do it again in a heart beat, total thrilling rush, after all isn't that a big part of why we hunt with stick and string? keep an open mind, heck we could argue that shooting whitetail with a gun at 200 yards is not sporting, but that just does all our hunting brothers harm. If it's legal, it's legal. I don't personaly care for rifle hunting, but I have those hunters back every time. DFA
I became a hunter the day I put down the gun and picked up the bow.
WMBFAMDFA

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 am

WMBFAMDFA wrote:For those who have never shot bear over bait, your missing a very exciting time. I was somewhat leary of shooting bear over bait myself, but having multiple bears inside 25 yards, being false charged with sow and cubs near by and having a bear start up the tree your in makes for a very awesome hunt. I'd do it again in a heart beat, total thrilling rush, after all isn't that a big part of why we hunt with stick and string? keep an open mind, heck we could argue that shooting whitetail with a gun at 200 yards is not sporting, but that just does all our hunting brothers harm. If it's legal, it's legal. I don't personaly care for rifle hunting, but I have those hunters back every time. DFA

Amen to THAT!!! We don't need people within our ranks belittling a legal way of hunting..especially if they have never experienced the method. If you don't like it and it's not for you fine, just don't bad mouth others,,we have enough of that from anti groups. An opinion can be stated in a classy,diplomatic way, especially if others don't know you.
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby ChuckingFluff on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Not against hunting and not against hunting within the legal boundaries of the sport. I would rather take an animal at 200 yd with my rifle; there's a bit of skill in doing that; but that's just me. Enjoy your baited hunt.
ChuckingFluff

Postby WMBFAMDFA on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:08 pm

ChuckingFluff wrote:Not against hunting and not against hunting within the legal boundaries of the sport. I would rather take an animal at 200 yd with my rifle; there's a bit of skill in doing that; but that's just me. Enjoy your baited hunt.

Cool, enjoy your 200 yard shots, animal will never know you were even there. You can get away with a lot of movement and noise too. Good luck for a successful hunt........ DFA
WMBFAMDFA

Postby ChuckingFluff on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Really you think you can't spook a deer at 200 yards? you must scare a lot of them away before you even get to your stand/blind. I've seen them turn and run the same as if you were within 50 yards. Same with smell, if the wind changes direction even at that distance or greater they'll spook. Most of the deer I take is within 30-75 yards but hey if you can lay them out clean at 200 take the shot.

WMBFAMDFA wrote:
ChuckingFluff wrote:Not against hunting and not against hunting within the legal boundaries of the sport. I would rather take an animal at 200 yd with my rifle; there's a bit of skill in doing that; but that's just me. Enjoy your baited hunt.

Cool, enjoy your 200 yard shots, animal will never know you were even there. You can get away with a lot of movement and noise too. Good luck for a successful hunt........ DFA
ChuckingFluff

Postby WMBFAMDFA on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:28 pm

ChuckingFluff wrote:Really you think you can't spook a deer at 200 yards? No.. I never said that ...I said . "Cool, enjoy your 200 yard shots, animal will never know you were even there. You can get away with a lot of movement and noise too. Good luck for a successful hunt........ DFA
[/quote]
WMBFAMDFA

PreviousNext

Return to Bowhunting