How do you determine the best archery anchor point?

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

How do you determine the best archery anchor point?

Postby edersbow.com on Mon May 17, 2010 11:31 am

Below is an article posted on www.edersbow.com, please comment on, ask questions about or discuss this article below.

Question:
How does a person determine his best anchor point?

Answer:
Much of determining an anchor point is personal preference, but there are some good suggested starting points. For years the standard starting point for the finger shooter has been the index finger in corner of the mouth. A higher anchor, such as the middle finger in the corner of the mouth, may be a better anchor for the instinctive shooter. The release shooter should try to get the last knuckle of the index finger back around the ear lobe. This will stretch out the draw length, increasing arrow speed slightly. These three anchor points will allow you to use your back muscles properly and to point your elbow straight behind you for best accuracy.

Original Article: How do you determine the best archery anchor point?
edersbow online bowhunting magazine, blog and forums.

http://www.eders.com
http://www.edersbow.com
http://www.ProBowhunter.com
edersbow.com

Re: How do you determine the best archery anchor point?

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 pm

edersbow.com wrote:Below is an article posted on www.edersbow.com, please comment on, ask questions about or discuss this article below.

Question:
How does a person determine his best anchor point?

Answer:
Much of determining an anchor point is personal preference, but there are some good suggested starting points. For years the standard starting point for the finger shooter has been the index finger in corner of the mouth. A higher anchor, such as the middle finger in the corner of the mouth, may be a better anchor for the instinctive shooter. The release shooter should try to get the last knuckle of the index finger back around the ear lobe. This will stretch out the draw length, increasing arrow speed slightly. These three anchor points will allow you to use your back muscles properly and to point your elbow straight behind you for best accuracy.

Original Article: How do you determine the best archery anchor point?

Yup! That's my anchor point..it used to be the tip of my nose but I found I could get more speed and thus flatter trajectory with the increased draw length...tightened my grouping as well!!! ;)
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby >>>---WW----> on Tue May 18, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm a release shooter. The string touches the tip of my nose and the corner of my mouth. And my thumb is placed on the back of my neck. Makes a rock solid anchor and best of all, it works for me.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Jason on Tue May 18, 2010 9:21 pm

The best anchor point is one that's naturally repeatable. I agree with the article....it's largely personal preference.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Return to Bowhunting