Colorado ELK Quest 2010 - Finalized

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Re: Colorado ELK Quest 2010

Postby seamus on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Congratulations! That was an awesome story and a great bull. Sounds like you worked hard for it and deserved it. I am very happy for you. :D
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct"-Aldo Leopold
seamus

Postby GregE on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Post script.

Have I mentioned I love Aspens? They symbolize Colorado ELK country to me especially when they are golden and quaking in the breeze. 8-)

Click on the picture....

We picked up the meat and just before noon hit the road NW toward the Wet side of Washington. At 5:30 AM we dropped the trailer, my cooler and gear at my house then went to Mike's to repeat the offload. Bandaid had been working for several nights auditing medical records in Poulsbo and messaged that she would meet me along the road back home. The area had no cell phone coverage so I waited 15 mnutes on the east side of the town while she was on the west. Finally made it home about 11- nearly 24 hours after starting.

I don't know if I have too many Colorado ELK opportunities left but I know I'm getting too old to drive straight through like that. ;)

I hope you all enjoyed the journey with us. :)
Keep 'em Straight!! and quiet

Greg
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
GregE

Postby bear402 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Congratulations and good shootin Greg ! 8-)

That was a good read with lot's of purdy pictures !

That straight through diving kicks my butt too now days !
bear402

Re: Colorado ELK Quest 2010 - Finalized

Postby Hungry Horse on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 am

Greg E: Thank you for the wonderful write up of your 2010 Colo elk hunt, and a big congratulations on both bull elk harvests. You had a good team put together to allow success in the aspen ridges and with the recovery of your elk. Good tracking their gentlemen ! This was as exciting as any of your other Colo elk hunts Greg. It indeed was a tough hunt, filled with exciting moments and good commraderie. Again Greg and gang, thanks for sharing your great times and the beauty of Colo in your photos. HH in Pa ;)
Hungry Horse

Postby tzeldy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:41 am

Congratulations, great story and great pictures. It took a little bit of time to get the pictures downloaded but they were great.
tzeldy

Postby Jason on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Amazing trip report Greg! You always manage to out-do your previous story.

Great pictures and telling of the story. That's a perfect shot you put on that bull! That looks like it was a fantastic experience and great time with friends.

What an accomplishment!
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby Newarcher on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 am

Great job and shot on an awesome bull!

I'll PM my addy to you and you can send me some steaks! :D

Love the story!

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Blackdog27 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks for sharing your hunt Greg!

Nice way to finish with time running out on the clock. It sure looks like one beauty of a spot to hunt.

Brian
I use H&M Bowstrings
Blackdog27

Postby blacklab5407 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:32 pm

great job on that nice bull. Those are some very nice pictures. Thats what I would like to see out my back door. Congrats teamate.
livin life at full draw >>----->
blacklab5407

Postby InDaWoods on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

Congrats Greg! Truely a great story to go along with amazingly awesome pictures from some of God's prettiest country. Thanks for taking us all along for the ride.
InDaWoods

PreviousNext

Return to Bowhunting