Treestand Transport System '09

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Postby Double B on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Anyone ever use this?

http://www.gameplangear.com/productcart ... ategory=10

Looking for a more comfortable way to transport my treestand, backpack and coat into the woods.
If you have some good ideas I would like to hear them.

Right now I just have sholder straps on my stand and bunguee cord my backpack and coat on the back of the stand.
After awhile it digs in and slips, I have another strap that I use as a sternum strap but looking to move the weight to my hips (unlike my mother-in-law) ;)
Thanks!
Double B
Cheektowaga, NY

Mathews DXT
Rage 2-blade
Lonewolf treestand
HSS safety vest harness
Tru-ball release
Gold tips
Rutwear clothing
Double B

Re: Treestand Transport System '09

Postby Newarcher on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 pm

I looked on-line and it appears you could make one for a lot cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Mountainsmith-99- ... 212&sr=8-6

Make a common loop in the straps near your waist and attach to the top of the stand near your shoulders with the snap buckles.

I had the strap buckle on my strap break and dropped the alligator toothed, V shaped part of my Summit stand (the part that fits against the tree and digs in) onto my calf muscle. Further ripped my Scentlock suit also! So this will help me.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Newarcher on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Also,.....

It doesn't appear that the belt portion has a rigid section between it and the back rest portion. So it doesn't look to me that the belt portion would be bearing any weight.

But this does give me an idea..I'd just like to have the upper portion.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Joe W. on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Hey BB.....That system will work great on a LW....or as New suggests....you can get a Molle shoulder strap/hip belt combo cheaper. I bought the Molle system from Ebay but it is problematical with my Summit Viper. I had to put the belt waaayyy low because the seat was in the way when packing and that caused me to remove it when climbing because it got in between the teeth on the platform and the tree. I am still trying to figure out how to get it to work because I have a looooooong walk in to hunt...any where from 1-1.5 miles each way...of course...... uphill....both ways...in the snow... :D
This is this. This ain't something else, this is this.
Joe W.

Postby seamus on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 am

I bought this very same system for my buddies birthday this fall. We were up bear hunting over his birthday so I gave it to him then. He has one of those big heavy 40 lb stands he was carrying in about 1/2 mile. We hooked it on to the stand and it worked like a charm. Very comfortable and made the stand easy to carry. Just hook the buckles on to the stand and then the harness just pops on and off. Loads better than the straps that come with the stands.
The belt does carry all the weight, the bottom set of buckles connect the stand to the belt and hold the weight.
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct"-Aldo Leopold
seamus

Postby Double B on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks Guys!

I just might have to try this. I'm like Joe, hike a long way in uphill both ways in the snow even when there is no snow! LOL

Seamus,
Based on your post I'm going to try, if you talk to your buddy, see if he has any problems with it.
They made chamges for 09. But some of the reviews are bad. might be for the older version.

That is why I ask my Eders brothers these questions, I know I will get an honest answer.

Happy T-day All!
Double B
Cheektowaga, NY

Mathews DXT
Rage 2-blade
Lonewolf treestand
HSS safety vest harness
Tru-ball release
Gold tips
Rutwear clothing
Double B

Next