torqueless d loop

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

torqueless d loop

Postby Newarcher on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm

I took my son back over to the bow shop today and he was able to shoot a Mathews genesis bow and really liked it. Now he wants one of course, but I will wait and see until he shows me that he's serious and is going to stick with it.

While he was shooting, there was a video of a guy making something on the bow string jig that I had never seen. There were so many people in the shop, I couldn't hear the audio so I inquired. It was a torqueless D loop. Basically you either put on a nock per normal or tie in a hand tied nock. Where the normally tied D nock would tie onto the bow string at the bottom you put this torqueless D loop on. They claim that George Ryals was able to significantly decrease his groups using it. I think I might try it.

This is the basic idea but the one this shop makes is a lot cleaner/neater: http://archeryreport.com/2010/08/tie-ca ... ring-loop/

Anyone ever seen it? Used it? Like it/

Thanks,
New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Re: torqueless d loop

Postby Jerod B. on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Neat concept, know one guy from the net that likes it...not sure he can shoot worth a flip though
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Postby Keef on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 am

Very interesting. JB check this out and give us a technical report. ;)
Keef

Postby Newarcher on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:34 pm

I am going to get one put on my bow this Saturday when I go back up to the shop. $6 installed.

It may not help me any but it certainly cannot hurt anything. If nothing else, it should stop the wear on my D loop---my releases tend to wear them out a lot.

I went back to a Scott Sabertooth release this year instead of my Jim Dandy. So I am thinking that with the release which has the bar instead of a nylon strap, I will put more torque on the D loop.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Jerod B. on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:59 pm

if you "think" it will help it probably will.... :D

The guy I know that shoots it absolutely does NOT use things as is, he modifies everything to his liking...
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Next

Return to Bowhunting