lot of helpful information regarding

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

lot of helpful information regarding

Postby Labi1995 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 am

I was very eager to return to running after Jack’s birth in September, 2012. My goal was to run a Nike Air Max 90 Dámské Růžové spring marathon and BQ. I ran during my pregnancy with him in hopes of maintaining some sort of fitness (also because running is an outlet for stress and is really my “me” time), so that a return to training postpartum would be (in theory) less difficult.
My first run after having Jack was at three weeks Nike Air Max 1 Dames postpartum. I felt good and had been given the OK by my midwife to go for a run. The run was a success (and by that I mean there was no leaking). I ran the next day and continued to run the remainder of the week. By the fourth or fifth day I had a feeling of laxity in the pelvic area and was experiencing leaking/incontinence. Nike Air Max Zero Dames At that point I realized I’d done too much too soon.
When I returned to my midwife she recommended I see a women’s health physical therapist. After my initial assessment I realized that if I hadn’t stopped when I did, I could have done quite a bit of damage (possibly a prolapsed bladder requiring surgery). I took four weeks completely off from running and spent those weeks in physical therapy. I didn’t really return to running until about 12 weeks postpartum. And at that point my physical therapist advised me Nike Air Presto Femme against marathon training.
My pelvic floor wasn’t strong enough or recovered enough to run in the way that I wanted to run–which was frustrating. But after that initial assessment and conversation with the physical therapist I realized that I really had been uneducated about the risk of prolapse and the importance Nike Air Vapormax Mujer of pelvic floor, hip and core strength when it comes to running during pregnancy. I think that often runners assume that we are in great shape because we can bang out a ten mile run. What I realized is that there were areas of weakness and imbalance in my body that had been severely strained as I ran through pregnancy.For a pregnant woman (especially one who already has children) time and energy are limited; I wish I had focused more of my time and energy on strengthening my body and using pregnancy as a chance to focus Nike Air Max 90 Damen Pink on correcting weakness and imbalance rather than simply running.
If you had to give advice on running to other women who are pregnant or are planning on trying to have children, what would be the key things you would suggest they consider?
I think the most important thing is to be assessed by a physical therapist Nike Air Max 270 Mujer who specializes in women’s health. In many instances (at least this is my personal experience and the feedback I’ve received from many readers) doctors and midwives aren’t always up to date on the latest information regarding pelvic floor health as it relates to running during pregnancy. An assessment by a PT can yield a lot of helpful information regarding weakness and imbalance that may be exacerbated by running during pregnancy. The more you can prevent the better.
I’ve had hundreds of comments on my post; a large Adidas ZX Flux Womens majority are from women who have not been able to return to running after pregnancy–and this is after physical therapy and often surgery. It seems to me that there is a growing trend of the “uber fit” pregnancy. It’s a trend that can lead to women feeling pressure to stay active even if their body or doctor Nike Air Max 90 Mujer is telling them otherwise. I would encourage women to be informed about their own bodies and to not buy-in to fear of losing fitness. Yes, there will be fitness loss, but ultimately you want to be in a place postpartum where you can solidly begin building your fitness. You don’t want to have to deal with setbacks where you’re in PT because you did too much too late into your pregnancy or too much too soon after your delivery.
Labi1995

Re: lot of helpful information regarding

Postby BillyJhonson on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 am

BillyJhonson

Re: lot of helpful information regarding

Postby yashh12 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 am

visit this site
visit this site
visit this site
visit this site
visit this site
visit this site