Millennium's new hang-on stand

Got questions about archery supplies, or want to write a review on some archery equipment...this is the place.

Millennium's new hang-on stand

Postby FL Hunter on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I just purchased one of Millennium's new M25 Hang-on Stands. I have been looking for a new stand that will be more comfortable than my old Gorilla stand. Everything you read about Millennium stands says that they are super comfortable but their price of about $250 has been holding me back. Well, they just came out with a $99 version that has the same web seat but without the back. I pulled the trgger and received it last week. I had to assemble it which wasn't hard but surprised me. Anyways, here it is strapped to a tree. Below I will give you my initial impressions...

This a steel stand so is a little on the heavy side. Comes with ratchet strap for connection on top and a cam buckle for securing the base. Even though it feels solid, I think I will add my own ratchet strap to the base. The web seat is very comfortable and meets my expectations. A big plus is that the seat height is 21 inches even though it is advertised as 17 inches. The base is large enough that you can stand easily without having to fold up seat. Folding up seat gives you a ton of room. Comes with cheap shoulder straps for carrying. Overall, I think it is a very roomy and comfortable stand and well worth the money.
FL Hunter

Re: Millennium's new hang-on stand

Postby Jason on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Looks like a pretty comfy seat. Thanks for the review!
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby Swamp Fox on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Nice. Looks like Gorilla and Milennium are sharing some design features, LOL.

Is the seat any wider than a normal-sized tree? Is there any tilt adjustment on either the seat or the platform? If you know the advertised weight, let me know. Otherwise I'll look it up. Thanks.
Swamp Fox

Postby FL Hunter on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Swamp Fox wrote:Nice. Looks like Gorilla and Milennium are sharing some design features, LOL.

Is the seat any wider than a normal-sized tree? Is there any tilt adjustment on either the seat or the platform? If you know the advertised weight, let me know. Otherwise I'll look it up. Thanks.

No adjustments for seat or platform. Gave them up with price reduction I guess. It is advertised as 17 lbs. I didn't weigh it but that is probably about right.
the seat is 20in wide - plenty big enough for my butt (just thought I would save you the trouble of mentioning that! :D )
FL Hunter

Postby Swamp Fox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:27 pm

The reason I asked is that Gorilla makes a slightly more expensive one with some adjustability for leaning trees..I'd say it's an 80%er if you think of all the weirdest trees you could stick it in....The seat is similarly shaped, mesh, but so wide you have to swing around it to get into the tree. It includes a footrest. It's 18 lbs.-plus if I remember, but I just don't recall how much plus, and am too lazy to look it up.

This stand from M looks like a good one.

Thanks!
Swamp Fox

Postby Leighton on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Good review Swampy , pity we can't buy them over here . Do you think it would fit in a suitcase ?
Leighton

Postby FL Hunter on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:59 pm

The number one feature I was looking for (other than reasonable cost) was comfort. I'm tired of the painful seat on my current stand. I think this one will fill the bill.

Swampy, the seat does fold up so getting in the stand will not be a problem.
FL Hunter

Postby Swamp Fox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:26 pm

That seat shape is nice. A footrest with it is even nicer. Almost like a recliner. The Gorilla I'm talking about flips up as well, but is so wide you have to work around it to get into the stand, even when it is in the upright position.
Swamp Fox

Postby FL Hunter on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:40 pm

They sell foot rests for $25. Are they worth it?
FL Hunter

Postby Swamp Fox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Especially on a seat of that shape, I'd say yes. It's a little weird sitting with your knees up and your thighs down without a brace for your feet. At leat for me...approx 6'2".

On a flat seat, I don't feel a need for a footrest.
Swamp Fox

Next

Return to Equipment, Tuning and Shooting