more arrow holder woes

Got questions about archery supplies, or want to write a review on some archery equipment...this is the place.

more arrow holder woes

Postby bluecat on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 am

A few months back I posted a thread on BowCountry about my arrow holder and how it didn't fit the contours of the riser shelf as it is hard plastic. This is a trophy taker arrow holder that is shipped with the trophy taker rest.

Trophy Taker arrow holder

It was advised that I go with a flexible arrow holder made by Sims (rubber) or a Trophy Ridge (foam). I picked up a Sims arrow holder and now am finding that because of the contour that gap is decreased so the arrow does not have any room to seat into the holder.

Sims arrow holder.

I could take an exacto and split that thing in half, lengthwise, and then move each component apart from each other. Just an idea. What do you all do? Is the Trophy Ridge the answer or will that end up doing the same thing as the Sims.
There's no place like home, there's no place like home.
www.kansasbowslings.com
bluecat

Re: more arrow holder woes

Postby ventilator on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:22 am

we all have bows that are aluminum instead of plastic on the riser.lol

What is that bow anyways?

Your splitting the holder sounds like a great idea, i just have mine mounted to the shelf itself. You might be able to remove that plastic.
Kenny Hollingsworth
Reel Shot Tv
http://www.reelshotoutdoors.com
STROTHER MOXIE My bow shoots its self, I just go along to keep it from winning!
ventilator

Postby bluecat on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:42 am

Ha Ha Kenny,

The arrow holder is plastic (trophy taker) not the riser shelf. That is a Hoyt Vector. Certainly everybody has this problem right?
www.kansasbowslings.com
bluecat

Postby Deerminator on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 am

ya sure have alot of stuff on and arond the riser.

Just file the edges down a smidgin at a time
Deerminator

Postby bluecat on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:04 pm

That is the pad that comes on the Hoyts. I just have a trophy taker that the tongue is padded and of course the Sims.

Doesn't anyone have this problem?
www.kansasbowslings.com
bluecat

Postby Go Bucks on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:05 pm

trim it back. another idea is to use the original with that 2 sided 3M foam tape it should be thick enough to follow the contour of the shelf.
Go Bucks

Postby Keef on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 pm

I got tired of most of the holders not working well, so I did my own thing. I take a 1/2 to 1" piece of a nano carbon arrow (get some scrap from you archery shop if you don't have it); put it on the handle where I want it; and then lay a piece of adhesive camo fleece over it. I mark the fleece to cover the proper amount of my handle and cut it before I lay it over the carbon shaft. You can adjust the tightness to fit the arrow, but do it before you lay the adhesive over it.

I have the LimbDriver Pro V on my two bows with this type of holder and it works for me.
Keef

Postby Triton Rich on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fall-away-arrow-rests-arrow-holder-whisper-quiet-/190700846416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c66a7fd50&_uhb=1#ht_2902wt_1270

I bought one of these holders off ebay (he has straight and curved). It works fine but I had to trim the sides for fletching clearance.

I was thinking of getting this one (I have one on my other bow with a flat shelf and it works awesome) and trimming it on the bottom to fit my curved shelf and then sticking it on with the two sided foam 3m tape that go bucks mentioned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrow-Holder-converts-all-Drop-away-Rest-to-a-capture-Rest-No-need-for-Whisker-/190688693549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c65ee8d2d&_uhb=1#ht_629wt_905
Triton Rich

Postby bear402 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:46 pm

I do something similar to what Keef was talking about.

I really don't want a tight arrow holder on the shelf. I don't want the arrow to pop up on the draw when the arrow launcher picks it up. I just build a channel on the arrow shelf in front of the lancher to keep the arrow aligned with the "V" of the rest . When I was using the regular Trophy Taker, I built My arrow guide out strips of neoprene foam glued in layers on each side of the arrow shaft .

I 'm using the Smack Down FC on my "Element" now , but I still have the guide on the shelf to make sure the launcher "V" picks up the arrow cleanly .

This picture isn't the best and there's a lot of that bakersfield dust on it, but it gives an idea of what I'm talking about. :roll:

Arrow Guide.JPG
Arrow Guide.JPG (137.93 KiB) Viewed 7254 times

Obviously with the regular Trophy Taker The guide needs to be built further forward so the Lancher doesn't hit it.
bear402

Postby Twizdd on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I'd do as you said BC and trim/file or whatever ya gotta do to fit an arrow in it. Just take very small amounts off at a time while constantly checking fit.
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn
Twizdd

Next

Return to Equipment, Tuning and Shooting