Limb Driver Pro V?

Got questions about archery supplies, or want to write a review on some archery equipment...this is the place.

Re: Limb Driver Pro V?

Postby LCA on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

ventilator wrote:Hey LCA, the NAP apache is a great rest too! I put one on my son`s bow. Whisper quiet. Priced great also.

I am going limb driven so that rules out the apache i guess.
Official camera man

www.ProString.com
LCA

Postby Twizdd on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, got my Pro V a couple days ago, slapped it on the Destroyer, threw 3 arrows at some paper, made a few adjustments, next arrow bullet holed. Shot 2 more for verification. Easy as he77 to setup and tune. Walk back tuned it today, she's shootin purdy. Thinkin I may replace the LimbDriver on my Z7 Mag with a Pro V now! Thanks for all the input guys!
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn
Twizdd

Postby Triton Rich on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:43 am

Oh sure! Just when I think I've got my bows working like I want them to, you come along and make me want a new rest, thanks a lot! Glad to hear it Tony, I had a feeling that rest would be a winner.
Triton Rich

Postby ventilator on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 am

Im still planning to hunt with the Pro V on my Strother Wrath. I have a Ripcord Code Red on my SX-1 tho. I have been a loyal ripcord user the last 5 years. I still may switch to the ripcord as im used to it. Ive had to keep an eye on the limb cord of the pro-v. It tends to slip a little after alot of shooting. Ive resorted to tying a knot in the cord below the set screw. Hasnt caused any real issues, i just hate for stuff to move! :)
Kenny Hollingsworth
Reel Shot Tv
http://www.reelshotoutdoors.com
STROTHER MOXIE My bow shoots its self, I just go along to keep it from winning!
ventilator

Postby Twizdd on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:26 pm

I've had the driver cord stretch on my other Limb Drivers, after a few hundred shots, but have never had one slip. Do you think that it's an issue with the Pro V specifically? The cord that comes with the Pro V is a lil different than the original LD, wonder if that could be the difference. Either way, I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the heads up.
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn
Twizdd

Postby Triton Rich on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:22 pm

I've had cord stretch problems too. I solve that by pulling fairly hard on the cord after install then readjusting it.
Triton Rich

Postby LCA on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

The best thing to do to fix limb driver cord stretch is have a cord made from bowstring, i used to do that with my limb drivers and never had a problem.
Official camera man

www.ProString.com
LCA

Postby Twizdd on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 am

Need some details on that LCA, like serving, how were the ends made, etc... Did you do it yourself or have Wes build em? Details, man, I need details! :D
Twizdd

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment, Tuning and Shooting