Best sight?

Got questions about archery supplies, or want to write a review on some archery equipment...this is the place.

Best sight?

Postby Keef on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:14 pm

I'd like to try a new sight this year for hunting. What do you guys like the best?

I want a 5 pin sight with micro adjustments. It has to be able to withstand some abuse.

I have used Spot-Hogg the last couple of years and my only complaint is they don't do well in a blind. I have the Hogg Wrap but that doesn't seem to help.
Keef

Re: Best sight?

Postby GregE on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm

This one doesn't have microadjustments- but don't overlook the Sims Limbsaver sight. I really like the way the fibers are protected. My Tru Glo, Cobra and Spott Hog sights all have broken fibers.

Coupled with a No-Peep.

I'm working on a equipment review ( at least mentally ) so here is a sneak peek. ;)
Keep 'em Straight!! and quiet

Greg
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
GregE

Postby Jerod B. on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:32 am

I had a sims just like that....that prism does not pick up in a groundblind at all....better to put the light over it...I like the light attachment, on and off in nanoseconds...literally :D

also the horizontal bar broke on me while tightening up a nut, that sight bar and what not is definitely cast and brittle...if it was machined out of solid 6061-T6, they got the cheapest made 6061 on the planet

they did take care of me on a replacement no questions asked

mine also developed a rattle coming from the prism....drove me nuts

For me and my groundblind/deer rig I am using the G5 Optix XR..3 pins and then the floating pin...the light has 7 stages..that baby will shine in the groundblind

The Montana Black Gold sights with the photochromatic lens are bright out the ying yang also......
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Postby bakerb on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:34 am

I'm kind of in the same boat you are Keef. I need a new sight. My top pin broke on my Trophy Ridge ViPin sights this last year.

I really really really really like the Trophy Ridge vertical sights. It seems to really help me see the animals better. It's definitely not as good at extreme range (60) yards or so, but I really like those vertical pins. Looks like I'll have to get another trophy ridge to get those vertical pins

Bake
bakerb

Postby Jason on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I'm with you Bake, I love those vertical pins. With a 1/4 inch G5 peep, you get a great sight picture.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Return to Equipment, Tuning and Shooting