Best Bang for the Buck?

A place for traditional archers talk.

Best Bang for the Buck?

Postby Konrad on Sat May 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Previously, I posted a question on a number of sites regarding what folks thought was the “Best Bang For The Buck” in a bolt action rifle. I received a broad range of opinions but in the end there was a clear consensus (Savage).

Today I ask the question: What do you believe is the Best Bang for the Buck in a recurve and/or long bow?

Thank you in advance for your participation,
Konrad
...and he threw away his looking glass.
He saw his face in everyone.
Konrad

Location: North Puget Sound, almost to Canada, in Washington State

Re: Best Bang for the Buck?

Postby Coodster on Tue May 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Konrad, thats a tough one, diffrent woods, styles even longbows and recurves so many styles for diffrent people, not including price. thats why I love archery so much what fits me will not fit just anyone.

That said I think you will get alot of bear and martin answers but for the price of a bear or a martin you can get a good quality checkmate recurve or longbow for 2/3 the price of most bears and martins. Thats for production wood bows customs are a diffrent story.

Non traditional bows it would have to be a target recurve, or a DAS daala. a few reasons the weight is adjustable 10% they are more forgiving on the arrow spine, due to cut past center not to center, can shoot off the shelf or use a flipper plunger setup.
Limbs they are interchangable from one to another (ex the daala) and will not cost an arm and a leg 2-300 will get you some real good limbs.

Ok got off topic

Wood production I would opt for Checkmate
Non traditional win & win winact, or hoyt excel, samic has some good ones also
Coodster

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Wed May 05, 2010 5:29 am

Coodster, GREAT response!!!!!!!
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby Evanconnr204 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:50 am

I saved alot of money on new wooden arrows this year. haha this website customized them completely for me i sent them different sketch ideas for the cresting and stuff also it wasnt like some of the guys i went to before or like some big companies that just run ur products through a production line. it was cool to talk to guys who loved traditional archery as much as i did. they have good experiance in the field and are very artistic. when it comes to total customization u cant beat the price expeacially when its exactly what you want and they are the only ones in the world.. I spent $80.00 on completely custom arrows that shoot nice and are exactly what i wanted. Custom arrows on other sites i looked at took 6 to 8 weeks to get back. this guy who did mine had them to me in 3 weeks!
Evanconnr204

Return to Stick and String