Back Surgery Update w/ x-rays

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Back Surgery Update w/ x-rays

Postby GregE on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 am

Update and pics added at end

I posted earlier that i am scheduled for a 5 vertabrae lumbar fusion to correct the degenerative disc desease and resulting spondylises ( off center S shape bone fusion) that is impinging several nerves). It was originally scheduled for Jan 8 and we postoponed it to get some remodel projects finished. Last week the Dr postponed it again to February 15 due to his medical conferance conflict.

I received an email from HH in Pa who did not see the adjustments I posted on another thread. I thought I should post this to prevent confusion.

I am trying hard to get in condition now to lessen the recovery time. Bandaid and I attended water aerobics today and i was able to keep up with most of the old ladies. :roll: It is suprising how much work you do in a pool for an hour.

Holding out good thoughts for ELK this year. ;)
Keep 'em Straight!! and quiet

Greg
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
GregE

Re: My Back Surgery Update

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:30 am

Greg, how many incisions will you need...2 or 3 ? I'll add you to my prayer list as of today. Back surgery is no "day at the beach", but I know you'll do just fine. You have more guts than I do, I turned down the fusion recommendation after my first surgery didn't work out so well. But that was years ago, today the techniques are much more advanced and high Tech. All my best to you, you'll be hauling Elk quarters in no time!!!
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby Keef on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 am

Greg, Tax season is upon us so I'll be busy when you have your surgery. I just wanted to wish you the very best. Hope you have a quick recovery. Good luck.
Keef

Postby Jason on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40 am

Good luck to you and a speedy recovery when surgery time comes Greg. My older brother was diagnosed a few years back with ankylosing spondylitis (he's now 47) but so far has been able to minimize it's effects with a constant excersise regime. Apparently excersise really is the best medicine....especially when there is no other.

Looking forward to next years ELK tales from you.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby bear402 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm

GregE wrote:
Bandaid and I attended water aerobics today and i was able to keep up with most of the old ladies. :roll: It is suprising how much work you do in a pool for an hour.

Greg, I have visions of you in a bathing cap doing synchonized swimming with a bunch of 75 year old ladies ! :shock: :o :mrgreen:

Not a pretty sight for sure ! :lol:

Best of luck with the procedure and your recovery when they get you scheduled !
bear402

Postby InDaWoods on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

I didn't have that image, but I DO NOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Thanks alot Bear!

Praying for a speedy recovery for you Greg!
InDaWoods

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm

:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby GregE on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:04 pm

After three sessions this week, I'm feeling the results. My L knee will be a challenge even with the low impact affect of the water. Down two pounds too. ;)

Shared the pool with 17 ladies Friday ......... 8-)

Greg
GregE

Postby bear402 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 pm

GregE wrote:After three sessions this week, I'm feeling the results. My L knee will be a challenge even with the low impact affect of the water. Down two pounds too. ;)

Shared the pool with 17 ladies Friday ......... 8-)

Sounds like You were the Hub of the Wheel ? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Good on Ya for the weight loss!
bear402

Postby GregE on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I seem to holding on the weight- but still about 10# less than last year. ;)

May get some of it back in the form of 14" titanium rods and screws. Won't be able to get thru metal detectors ever again. :o Hope to have enough flexibilty and strength to get up on a horse for ELK in CO come mid-September. Softball in June may be tough to try this year.

Trying to finish up some remodel wiring and storage shelf construction and want to get the boat on the water Saturday. Taking Bandaid to the Symphony for V Day then prepping Sunday night for a early Monday surgery. I should be able to go home Thursday but will be limited on getting around for several weeks and in rehab PT for several months.

Updates to follow......

Greg
GregE

Next

Return to Bowhunting