Some 2013 Fly Fishing Pictures

Your place to talk politics or whatever else doesn't really fit in any of the other categories.

Moderators: WI-DOE-MAKER, GregE

Some 2013 Fly Fishing Pictures

Postby Jason on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 am

I managed to get out fishing fairly regularly this Spring and Summer. Lots I don't have pictures of as I was often fishing by myself but here's a few from some fun trips. All of the fish pictured were released for some other lucky fisherman to catch!

I had a great time with my Dad on a couple day trip where we fished a couple different lakes both in boats and belly boats.

Last edited by Jason on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Re: Some 2013 Fly Fishing Pictures

Postby Jason on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 am

...same trip...

This is a nice 18" rainbow.

Getting ready to take Dad out on his first Belly Boat excursion! He struggled but eventually got the hang of it.

Last edited by Jason on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby Jason on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 am

That trip with my Dad was amazing and we had a fantastic time.

Here's a few pictures from a Day trip to a small Lake with my Wife and Daughter. I love it when they take me up on an offer to go fishin' !!

My daughter fishes with a spinning rod but I had her set up Chironomid fishing with a fly rod for a bit. This is her first fish on a fly rod....I might have been a little more excited than her!

Eventually they tire of fishing :D

Last edited by Jason on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jason

Postby Jason on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:21 am

Here's a few pics from a couple different places a friend and I got out to during the year.

These next two are from a little lake that is about 2 1/2 minutes from my house. I'm pretty lucky to have some really decent fly fishing really close to home.

Last edited by Jason on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Postby Jason on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:33 am

I didn't get many chances to get out with my son this year as he is out fishing with his friends quite often now that they all can drive. This is a pic from earlier in the year when we got out and he got this fat 16 inch rainbow. He seriously outfished me this day!

In March we managed to get to Shuswap Lake which is a very large lake and fly fish from Shore. My son got a nice 18 inch rainbow but we mishandled during the release and didn't get a picture. I got this smaller 14-15" one on the same day. We had an awesome time fishing in unseasonably warm March weather!

Also fairly early in the year I took my nephew out and we had a great day Chironomid fishing. These are a few of the fish we caught. Unfortunately I've been back to the same lake several times and been skunked!

Hope you enjoyed!
Last edited by Jason on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Postby critrgitr jr on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Awesome pics Jason. How are you posting pics? photobucket?
"It's hard to soar with eagles when your working with turkeys"
critrgitr jr

Postby Jerod B. on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 pm

awesome pics

I don't care much for fishing....love to eat them....someone can catch and clean them

I'll take cleaning over having to catch AND clean :)
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Postby Jason on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm

critrgitr jr wrote:Awesome pics Jason. How are you posting pics? photobucket?

Yes. Copying and pasting IMG URL.

Jerod B. wrote:I'll take cleaning over having to catch AND clean

Cleaning is the part I like the least! Love catching them on the fly. We usually only keep a few to eat if we're out camping. Otherwise it's just for the fun of catching them!
Jason

Postby Jason on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:04 pm

SOOOO looking forward to more awesome fishing days out on the water this spring!!!!

Ice is going to be off our lower elevation lakes in a couple weeks.....I'm counting the days!
Jason

Postby grandpawrichard on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Magnificent series of photos Jason! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! I almost felt like I was right there with you!

Dick
2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash
grandpawrichard

Next

Return to General Talk