Have a little faith

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Have a little faith

Postby Mo/Ark on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:27 pm

I finally got back in the woods after spending all of DEC on the road. Had to wait for the monsoon in missouri to stop, but was able to spend 3 days in the woods rather than 6. Water was way way up. Closed some spots I really wanted to try. But I was having fun trying new things. Saw plenty of deer but nothing ever closer than 50 yards and never clear. Thursday afternoon was going to be my last pm sit and maybe last sit in mo as momma wanted me home for new years. I was going back to a place my brother calls whack a mole, cause deer always pop up and I always whack one... Lol. Well I get there and two vehicles in the parking lot. Well there is too much ground to crowd somebody so I moved on. I recalled a spot my brother showed me a few years previous that he had had some luck on, and I headed out, already resigned to the fact I was going home empty handed. Had a heart to heart with myself and decided empty handed or not I was going to enjoy this awesome evening in Gods woods. Well, sure enough at 345 here come a bachelor group... Of 3 button bucks. The lead dude looked like he would fit perfect in the little spot in my freezer, so when he stepped out at 11 yards I drilled him. He ran 3 circles and died at 35 yards from the tree. I sat there for another hour and saw 3 more that stayed just out of range, got down, collected my stuff, and my prize, and made my way back to the truck. I told my brother that this had been a pretty dang good late season hunt even if out was cut short by the wx. We have spent 10 days before in the late season and never seen a hair. Still got a little time left in Arkansas... Just have to find out how far my lease is under water. Good luck to those still after it and enjoy the woods!!
Image[/URL]
2009 PSE X-Force GX
Limb Driver Pro V
Gold Tip Velocity 300s
Mo/Ark

Re: Have a little faith

Postby InDaWoods on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 am

Nice going!!! New is going to be jealous of all those 'button's' you're seeing...and even more so of the one you got. ;) ;) :lol:
InDaWoods

Postby GregE on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Yep, I can here the excuses now... :roll:

Nice fat little guy!!
Keep 'em Straight!! and quiet

Greg
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
GregE

Postby Jason on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:36 am

Nice going and good shooting!
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby smith0096 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:59 am

Nice shot, nice deer.
smith0096

Postby Mo/Ark on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Thanks all!! Very tender and very tasty!!
2009 PSE X-Force GX
Limb Driver Pro V
Gold Tip Velocity 300s
Mo/Ark

Postby drawandfire99x on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:22 am

Nice job, what kind of bow did you take it with?
drawandfire99x

Postby Mo/Ark on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:38 pm

I currently shoot a 2011 bowmadness xl. It has 70# limbs but I have it backed off to 55 right now til I can get back to normal.
2009 PSE X-Force GX
Limb Driver Pro V
Gold Tip Velocity 300s
Mo/Ark

Return to Bowhunting