What would this MOOSE Weigh?!!?

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

What would this MOOSE Weigh?!!?

Postby GregE on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:52 pm

I got several pictures of this critter in an email titled " Do I need a bigger truck?". No idea where it was taken but............

Bullabonga :o 8-)
Keep 'em Straight!! and quiet

Greg
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
GregE

Re: What would this MOOSE Weigh?!!?

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Must have been fun dragging that critter out of the woods and then getting him onto that pickup :o :o Tractors and come-alongs/winches must have been a Godsend!!
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby bakerb on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't think those ropes are gonna hold if that moose decides to slide out of the back of that truck :lol:

Bake
bakerb

Postby seamus on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm

I was going to say...How in the heck did they get that thing out of the woods and into the truck? Probably shot off the road anyway, and then like Wi-Doe said, a tractor must have been involved.
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct"-Aldo Leopold
seamus

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:52 am

seamus wrote:I was going to say...How in the heck did they get that thing out of the woods and into the truck? Probably shot off the road anyway, and then like Wi-Doe said, a tractor must have been involved.

I have some relatives that live in Maine and they told me up until a few years ago any moose killed there had to be taken out of the woods WHOLE!!! So road hunting was really the only viable option..stupid law was changed much to the delight of the local hunters. :? :?
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby seamus on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 am

In MN they have a draw for moose tags for residents only. It's very limited and its a once in a lifetime tag. In zones that have lots of roads in them it's almost impossible to get a tag due to the number of applicants. It seems everyone wants to be able to drive up to their moose. In the zones in and around the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, the odds of drawing are better due to the fact that there is no roads, and you have to pretty much access by canoe.
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct"-Aldo Leopold
seamus

Postby Newarcher on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:49 am

A Southerner would have just lifted the darned thing into the truck. Give me a Glen's deer handle and I could have easily pulled that up into the truck! :D

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Joe W. on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:31 am

Newarcher wrote:A Southerner would have just lifted the darned thing into the truck. Give me a Glen's deer handle and I could have easily pulled that up into the truck! :D

New

Hey New..........imagine the size of the Butt Out tool needed for that monster! Probably could use a post hole digger.
This is this. This ain't something else, this is this.
Joe W.

Postby seamus on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd need a partner to insert and twist the tool.
seamus

Postby Newarcher on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:02 pm

With the size of that moose, we could forego the butt out tool and just give JB a bowie knife and send him in! :D

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Next

Return to Bowhunting